Grilled Chicken, Corn and Pomegranate Salad
After recently experiencing the wonder of pomegranate tea, and seeing a good friend of mine eating the real thing in a salad, I thought I would try this exotic fruit myself.
Being an avid salad lover, I decided to put my own pomegranate salad together, and it was delicious! Below is the recipe, which serves 3 as a main meal.
- 1 chicken breast (skin removed)
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 cobs of corn with husks
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- Grill chicken, then dice into pieces. Put to the side to cool.
- Cook corn in the microwave for up to 2 minutes. Put to the side to cool.
- Cut the pomegranate in half, then scoop out the pomegranate seeds and place into a large bowl.
- Add the coriander, avocado and capsicum.
- Once the corn cobs have cooled, remove the husks and cut the corn off the cob and add into the bowl.
- Add chicken, then mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and place in fridge, or serve immediately.
Note: Remove the chicken to make a healthy vegetarian salad!
For other healthy food ideas, check out my other recipes.