Almond and date protein balls
Nutritious treats can be hard to find, so I have decided to make my own.
These protein balls are delicious! Try them out yourself. But remember, even though they are packed with great nutrition, they are still a treat to have in moderation.
- 330g raw almonds
- 60g vanilla protein (Make sure you use a high quality product. I use Ultimate Nutrition’s Prostar Whey…. delicious!)
- 16 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence/natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Desiccated coconuts (optional – used to coat the balls)
- In a food processor add almonds, protein powder, cocoa and cinnamon and mix for 3-5 seconds on a medium to high setting, until all ingredients are ground together.
- Add dates and vanilla essence and combine in to the mixture on a medium to high setting for approximately 10 seconds.
- Set the food processor to a low speed and add the water slowly over 30 seconds until the mixture comes together and looks sticky.
- Roll into 3cm diameter balls and roll in coconut if desired.
- Store in fridge.
This recipe makes approximately 12 balls. Stored in the fridge, they will last up to 4 weeks.
Do you have a healthy treat recipe? Share below in the comments section!