Hellenic Republic Cypriot Grain Salad
Below is a recipe that I originally came across on goodfood.com.au. I would have to say it is one of my all time favourite salads. It’s a little fiddly, but definitely worth it!!!
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup puy/french lentils
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp baby capers
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- 1 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cook quinoa and lentils separately in boiling water until both just cooked, as per directions on packets.
- Drain well and allow to cool.
- Mix the yoghurt, ground cumin, olive oil, lemon juice and honey until combined. Put to the side.
- In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, quinoa, lentils, toasted nuts, capers, currants and pomegranate. Mix well.
- Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt dressing on top. Salad goes great with grilled meat or fish.